Thursday, August 25, 2011

My sleeping Puppy & blood thirsty dogs

I just wanted to show you my Sleeping puppy. These are all on my phone so please excuse the poor quality photo's... We went for a 4 1/5 hour drive to get camping, and Chloe slept the whole way...

I even had to check if she was still alive! That's how much she slept / didn't move.. But alas, she's fine, just a sleepy puppy =]

Yes mom, I am alive.. now bed time!

Stop waking me up =[






Then when we got camping, she just wanted to cuddle =] but then she saw a bird. Look how focused on it she is!


But She's too lazy to actually pursue anything =]

I just fed her a gorge type meal (2 days worth of food) don't mind her large belly!

That was one day camping - I had to leave technology after that day - since it's not really camping with a cellphone =S

Raw myth of today -

RAW MEAT WILL MAKE MY DOG BLOODTHIRSTY

Does Chloe look bloodthirsty? No. Question solved =]

But seriously..

 A dog is a carnivore, and a predator, which means they need meat - and in the wild, the only way they can get this meat is by chasing and killing. Does that mean they are blood thirsty? Not really.. It means they are hungry. Dogs with high prey drive will also chase and sometimes kill an animal. Is it because they are blood thirsty? More like bored and having a good time. What you feed a dog doesn't change their prey drive, or how they feel about meat. I know a few to many kibble fed dogs that love to chase prey, they never got a piece of meat in their life, no table scraps, no - oops this fell on the ground while making my dinner, you have it - no nothing. So why would they chase after rabbits or mice or birds? It's hardwired into them.

Please note: You can train the prey drive out of dogs! Please call a Trainer for more info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment