Friday, August 26, 2011

Not much to say




I don't have much to say today, I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to think about what to write about.. So I am just going to show you some photo's of Chloe. =]






This one we just thought was hilarious =] so we tagged it


Question of the Day:

What should I start with when I switch my dog to raw?

A mistake many people make when switching to raw is feeding too much too soon. By this I mean proteins, people get excited when they feed raw and want to see their dog eat all sort's of different meats, from Fish, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Lamb, ect. Little do they know, this excitment of over feeding different protiens can cause loose stools for your pup. Making many people shy away from the idea of feeding raw. You will hear a lot of "Oh my dog can't eat raw, they get the runs!"
You will hear many raw feeders tell you to pick one protein source and stick with it for a week or two.
Many people reccomend chicken, because it's bland, it usually doesn't cause upset, it's accessable - you can buy chicken anywhere in the world, and the bones are edible - even for a 3lb dog.
When feeding raw, you should always feed big. When I mean big, I mean, size of your dog's head big. This is so that they can't swallow it and choke.
Always watch your dog while they eat - this includes kibble. It doesn't take much (or a lot) for your dog to choke - and they can choke on anything!

Remember:
  1. Feed Chicken first - it's bland, easy to get, and easy to digest!
  2. Stick to one protien source!
  3. Feed bigger than their head!
  4. Always watch your pooch while they eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment